Due to increasing strains on the family law system and lengthy delays to court cases after cuts to legal aid, couples are turning to out-of-court alternatives like arbitration to resolve relationship disputes. Arbitration offers a practical and effective method for those who want the structure of a court but wish to avoid the stress and cost of a traditional divorce.
Arbitration provides many of the benefits of court, for example: a clear timetable for the separation process and the resolution of a legally-binding arbitrator’s decision. At the same time, arbitration is a far less combative method of dispute resolution that offers many advantages for separating couples, such as:
- A much faster resolution than court divorce, with a schedule set by you;
- A private way to resolve your differences. The process of family law arbitration is kept confidential between you, your ex, and your arbitrator;
- A legally-binding decision made by an arbitrator appointed by you, as opposed to a judge who won’t know the ins and outs of your situation;
- A flexible, streamlined option that allows you to work around existing responsibilities and routines;
- The opportunity to set fixed-fees for each stage of your process. Arbitration is generally much cheaper than court divorce as it can be completed in a shorter timeframe;
- The chance to have the fine details of your case fully explained with the support of an experienced family law arbitrator;
- An effective technique for dealing with financial disputes.
If you want to find out more about how family law arbitration can help you to complete the process of separation quickly, cheaply and efficiently, contact the team at Frances Lindsay & Co. Our experienced family lawyers offer arbitration along with other out-of-court alternatives to divorce from our offices in Maidenhead and Beaconsfield, with meeting rooms in London for convenience. Please get in touch and let us take the weight off your shoulders.
arbitration Beaconsfield, arbitration Maidenhead, arbitration Thames Valley, arbitration Windsor, divorce, family law arbitration Windsor, out of court alternatives to divorce, separation