There’s really only one piece of advice in this blog, which is this: use an independent, professional, fully-qualified conveyancer.
Simple enough – or so you’d think – but unfortunately all too often people end up with an impersonal, incomplete, and costly ‘package’ service. On the surface, it may seem easier and more efficient to keep everything in one place, but there are a number of reasons why it’s worth seeking out your own local independent service instead:
- You get a fixed price. While other services may seem appear cheaper on first glance, you’ll inevitably find there are additional charges for every form you fill in, every signature, and every minor change to paperwork… At Frances Lindsay & Co we provide a fixed price which clearly explains the process and total cost (with no hidden extras!).
- You get to talk to a qualified solicitor, not a call centre or faceless computer screen. You’ll also speak to the same person every time, who will know all the details of your case and will be able to advise you personally and properly on every aspect of property and conveyancing. (Though we can’t help you decide on the perfect shade of paint, sorry.)
- You get a fully comprehensive service. Our solicitors handle every aspect of conveyancing for you, including searches and title checks, deeds, mortgage issues, and even liaising with agents on your behalf. We can also handle all the associated legal issues that go hand in hand with becoming a home owner, such as updating your will and powers of attorney, or arranging a cohabitation agreement.
- If you’re local to us, you get the added benefit of our local knowledge and experience, and can visit us in person (social distancing rules permitting) for appointments, sorting out paperwork, and general advice.
- You get a personalised service instead of being a number on a database. We have over 50 years’ experience in property and conveyancing and treat every client individually, tailoring our services to your unique circumstances and needs. (We’ll also send you a housewarming card when you move into your new home!)
So if you’d rather deal with a person than a call centre, avoid hidden extra charges, and get a comprehensive, personalised conveyancing service, you’re much better off with a local solicitor. We value and look after our clients, and do our best to get you into your new home as soon as possible, with as little stress as possible. Let us take some of the (legal) weight off your shoulders and get in touch for a free online conveyancing quote from one of our experienced, friendly property solicitors.