Thinking of moving house in 2020? The New Year can be a great time to get the ball rolling! The property market often quietens down over the holidays so you may be able to take advantage of the downtime and secure a great deal.
The very first thing you want to do is contact a solicitor to chat about your options, your plans, and the legal side of things. (P.S. You can get a FREE conveyancing quote from our lovely property solicitors to help you get things started.) The sooner you have all your paperwork prepped and ready to go, the faster, smoother (and cheaper) the entire process will be.
Whether you’re buying or selling (or both), we’ve put together some of our best advice to help you negotiate every step of the way:
If you’re selling up:
- Check out these quick tips that can increase the value of your home and help you sell quicker
- Use the KonMari method to declutter and make your home look amazing for viewings
- Find out the average time it takes to sell a home in your area
- Avoid these common mistakes that put buyers off during property viewings
If you’re buying new home:
- Use our handy ‘buying a property’ checklist to make sure you’ve got everything in order
- Make sure you’ve budgeted for the hidden costs of buying a home
- Beware these property red flags that may make getting a mortgage more difficult
- Save money on moving house by following our top property buying tips
And for more general advice, have a look at our Property FAQs or get in touch with our expert property solicitors to discuss your circumstances. We have over 50 years of experience working in the Thames Valley, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire. Book an appointment at www.franceslindsay.co.uk and let us take the weight off your shoulders when it comes to property law.